posted Mar 28, 2011, 4:49 PM by Peter Lieberwirth
updated Mar 28, 2011, 5:54 PM
On April 20th Saura Gupta, a Google developer advocate in Google's New York City office, will give a presentation on Google Apps Scripting. The presentation will be held at Google's offices here in Cambridge Massachusetts at 6:30PM.
Google's offices are in Kendall Sq at 5 Cambridge Center.
Please register if you plan to attend. Registration is required to gain access to the facility.
With Google Apps Script you can:
- Automate repetitive business processes. (e.g. expense approvals, time-sheet tracking, ticket management, order fulfillment, and much more)
- Link Google products with third party services (e.g. send custom emails and a calendar invitation to a list from a spreadsheet)
- Build UI applications in Google Sites and Google Spreadsheets.
- Enhance spreadsheet functionality by creating custom spreadsheet functions.
- Automate tasks that are time or event driven. (e.g. run a nightly pending sales orders)
Saurabh is part of Google's Apps & Cloud Developer Relation team whose mission is to "Make Google Apps & Cloud platform the cloud ecosystem of choice for the global Developer Community". Saurabh works with the extremely talented Google Apps Script team to help developers and partners adopt Apps Script. Outside of work, he is an avid newshound and plays racquetball. He takes keen interest in startups and entrepreneurs. In spare time, he conducts experiments to come up with tools that assist in better software architecture practices in enterprises.